Students will be taking the Unit 4 Evolution Test this Thursday, March 27th, 2014.
What to study:
Functions of all organelles
Organelles only found in plant cells
Organelles only found in animal cells
Number of parents
Types of asexual reproduction: budding, binary fission, sporulation, etc
Alleles, Chromosomes, and DNA
Dominant and Recessive
Genotype and Phenotype
Homozygous and Heterozygous
1. Organisms produce more offspring than can survive.
2. Variations exist between members of a population.
3. Variations are passed down to offspring.
4. Individuals with helpful variations (adaptations) are more likely to survive and reproduce.
5. Over time, offspring of individuals with helpful variations make up more of a population.
Peppered Moth Example